Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Taylor Swift and Hot Pot

Thursday June 10, 2010

After class today, we were walking back and a Taylor Swift song was blaring from campus building speakers. We debated whether it was her or not at first, but it definitely was. We were really thrown off and didn’t understand why. I asked a teacher later, and they said that it is the University Radio Station. We came back and watched Dexter, and then went to Hu Lu Si class. When we were meeting downstairs for dinner, a man I met in our hotel from Ghana asked me out. It was really entertaining. He asked if I wanted to go to dinner with he and his friends from India, but I declined. It helped that I got to say I was going to dinner. He was nice, and I loved all the people from India, so I was glad to not seem to hurt anyone’s feelings.

For dinner all of us went to a Hot Pot restaurant with Luis and Zach. Luis is Zach’s friend from Portugal. This Hot Pot was really cool. The pot was split- half spicy, half not. It was really delicious, but I ended up having to combine some of the spicy and not. The spicy gets spicier and spicier with every minute. After dinner, Luis invited us over. We all hung out and met his friends/roommates, and he gave us Portugal tie/sash/scarf things. He came in the room and asked who would cheer for Portugal in the world cup. I, having no attachment to soccer, yell, “I will, I will!” I got one, and then he ended up giving each girl one. It was exciting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment