Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Back to school

Monday June 28, 2010

We got off the train at about 7:20 and battled our way through a sea of Chinese people. Yang Laoshi was waiting for us, and after a few minutes we all made it out alive. We were tired the whole way back, and wanted to nap before going to class two hours later. Rachel and I had to do our hw for calligraphy, however. We ended up not really having time, and went to class tired. I did get in a ten minute nap, though. Our normal teacher was getting a physical for a job, so Yang Yang Laoshi was our teacher. He made us use our brains a lot more than we had been intending (having our teacher play hangman with us and getting him to let us out early) and we hardly had any of our break time. There were only three of us there, which meant we had to talk even more. It was really helpful and I learned a lot, but I was hardly able to speak clearly by the end of class.

After class I napped before calligraphy. Calligraphy went by slowly, so I worked on my character workbook to prevent myself from falling asleep. We hung out a bit after class, and then Rachel and I went to dinner. We chose the restaurant that we went to on our first day, Heavenly Manna. The boys wanted to go to Mei er Mei, which we have been going to a lot lately, so we went off on our own. It was delicious. We had been missing food like that, meaning not just noodles. We had spicy potatoes, spicy pork, a beef and pepper dish, rice, and broccoli with mushrooms. We were really full, and very happy. We spent about as much as we would have at Taco Bell in America. We got some sorbet/gelato after we ate, which was also delicious. Very full we were, but in very good moods.

We went to Tai Chi a little bit later, and learned some new, fun kung fu moves. I plan to master them and have a random new talent. Haha. When we got back I took a warm shower and drank hot chocolate and read. It was very relaxing. I have decided to start taking showers at night, as it guarantees me hot water. Also, I decided after my stressful week of hating people that I need a night to relax each week, if not more. I think it is a good decision. I got to sleep about 10:15, but woke up about 11 because my stomach hurt. I couldn’t go back to sleep for a while, but didn’t want to continue reading, because I knew I was to a part where I would be sucked in. I eventually fell asleep though, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment