Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday June 25, 2010

Today we woke up, finished our homework, and went to class. After class we came back, packed a little for our weekend trip to Lijiang, and finished watching Slumdog Millionaire. I went and bought a raincoat, got dumplings, and finished packing. I showered and cleaned up, hiding important/expensive things and messing up our beds(so they didn’t realize we were out of town). We all met downstairs and then went to the Train Station. We had to go through a security slightly similar to the airport. They wouldn’t let people take aersol cans, which surprised me. Our car on the train had 4 beds. Kayla, Jeremy, Rachel, and I were in the same compartment. It was strange, because unlike the European trains, these had no doors. Also, the toilets were squatty pottys. I don’t know who would have that putting a squatty potty on a train was a good idea. Crazy Chinese people. It was lights out at 11, and no minute later. We fell asleep eventually, but not before Jeremy and I used the flashlights on our phone for a laser light show.

No comments:

Post a Comment