Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Let the Birthday Begin

Friday June 4, 2010

I was really tired in Class today, but very glad it was Friday! We found out that we didn’t have time to get our nails done today, because we had to go to the bank to cash our traveler’s checks and what not to pay our tuition. You have to go to the main Bank of China, because they apparently have a lot of trouble with counterfeit things. It was a really long process- filling paperwork out and standing in lines. It took hours, so Jeremy and I sat and shared life stories to pass the time. Afterward, we headed to dinner at The Box. I had an Italian pizza that was delicious. We also found out that we could maybe use facebook there. We shall see.

Tonight we celebrated part one of my birthday. We went to Ganesh, a bar/restaurant down the street. After, we went to a place called The Hump, which is apparently a youth hostel as well. We danced and made lots of new friends. I got to practice my Chinese some too, which was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment