Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Movies and Muslim Chinese Food

Monday June 7, 2010

Today I was very tired in class. We had our Calligraphy class today, but we aren’t using the brush pens yet- just practicing characters with pencil and paper. For lunch, I tried Chinese Ramen Noodles and they weren’t bad. They have some weird looking flavors, but I think I got chicken. It tasted just like the ones at home.

Kayla, Justin, Rachel and I went to a Chinese DVD store. The DVDs are very cheap, just about a dollar. Kayla bought Dexter on DVD, so we will probably be watching that. After, we went and bought a hair straightener, and tried to find the restaurant that had the delicious food our teacher ordered for us. We couldn’t find it, but tried this hole in the wall muslim/kosher place. It ended up being really good and cost us each about 75 cents. There was a cat that kept rubbing up against our legs during the meal; it was very interesting. We stayed and talked for a while, then headed back and watched When in Rome that Kayla bought for 10 kuai, roughly $1.30. We were all tired and then went to bed. Rachel and I had trouble at first, realizing that we now go to bed at 10 and think nothing of it. Our usual bedtimes are 2 o’ clock am. I also thought that it was weird because I wake up at 6 everyday, when 8:30 used to be the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment