Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Suan Le!

Wednesday June 23, 2010

It was another tired day in class, but it was not bad. I still can’t believe I wake up at 6 am every day, and that bedtime is at 10 pm. In Song Laoshi’s class (our speaking teacher) we learned a tongue twister, that they call a rap. Next week we will try to recite them as fast as possible. I am very excited about this. After class I got ramen noodles (fang bian mian- convenient noodles) because I don’t trust the cafeteria right now. I really don’t want to be sick for a long time again. After eating, I took a nap while the Justin, Jeremy, and Rachel went to play ping pong. I woke up when they came back, apparently quite a few hours later. We wanted dinner, and so we hopped on a bus to McDonalds. Once again, it was amazing and didn’t hurt my stomach, so I was happy.
Jeremy set a new goal- to find salsa in china. We found the Wal-Mart, which was smaller than the Carrefore, but had no luck. I tried finding a foot scrubber, but apparently they don’t understand the concept of pretty feet here in China. Oh well. Then I wanted to find Ma Jiang, but also had no luck. We asked one person, who wouldn’t let it go, and that led to about 5 people trying to help figure out what it was we were looking for. We drew out what the game looks like, and even some of the tiles. They still didn’t understand. I then said it goes on a table, and we were led back to fabric. I think she thought we wanted a table cloth. At that point, we just said, “suan le,” which means forget about it. We laughed and parted ways. We don’t know why they didn’t understand us, since it is a Chinese game. We are going to ask our teachers tomorrow in class.

When we got back, I decided to shower since there was hot water. My shower turned into a bath though, because I really wanted to just lay in the water. I had to rig a shower mat and my foot over the drain, so the water filled very slowly. But it was very relaxing, and I actually feel completely clean for once. It kept me up past my bedtime, but at least I had taken a nap earlier, and was relaxing. I watched a little bit of the Terminal with Rachel and Jeremy, and went to bed about 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment