Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Toxic Relationship: Volume 3

With the new year brought my friend Michelle and I to "Look Hott." So, we started working out almost every day until the Snowpocalypse hit. I was feeling great! I even discovered Endorphins. After the Snowpocalypse (in which we feasted on cookies and Goldfish crackers), we started getting back on track and things were great. I was happy, and we were able to run longer distances before we give each other that "I am dying and if we don't stop walking NOW my lungs will fall out of my chest and I will die" look.

It was a Wednesday, and I spent the day trying to figure out a good work out plan for us to "get hott" and was learning all about exercise that burns fat vs. exercise that is good for your heart. Thursday, we decided we needed to have an intense ab workout day. We had previously used an iPod app on her phone that is for ab workouts, but just a few exercises. We decided that we would do the whole thing. We were dying, but had the mutual support of telling each other "We are gonna be hott!" and "just 10 seconds left!", our faces red and veins popping out on our foreheads. We made it through the work out, feeling very proud of ourselves, but not feeling much of our bodies. That was okay though, because we would be resting for the next couple of days.

That day, I was headed home for the weekend for a doctor's appointment. My parents had bought themselves an elliptical for Christmas, so I planned to give that a whirl over the weekend, as well as a good jog or two around my neighborhood. I used to love biking/running around that neighborhood, so it was sure to be a great weekend.

I stopped at the doctor's office on my way into town, battling the horrible construction that has taken over my hometown. After, I was going to meet my "neighbor" while she worked on maintenance at her friend's bar. I was excited to get to hang out with her and see a bar during daylight. The appointment went very quickly, and I was going to call Molly when I got to my car to avoid being kidnapped due to phone distraction in the parking lot. It was the first great day for Spring weather, and it was gorgeous outside. However, gorgeous spring weather also means bright sun combined with high pollen counts. This is the perfect recipe for a good sneeze.

It was all in slow motion: Sun.....oh, a sneeze is coming..... "ahhhh---choooooo"......bend to allow absorption of sneeze force.... ***CRACK***......start un-bending...... "Oh Crap!".......*tears*.....walk to car..... attempt sitting in car........ success, followed by bawling......

I was a crazy woman, sitting in my car (turned off), crying and holding my rib cage. I thought I had broken my rib. I wasn't sure if I needed to go back to the doctor, and debated for a few minutes. After feeling myself up and deciding that everything felt like it was in its proper place, i continued on home. I cried the whole way and felt entirely pathetic.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you CRIED! :(
    I don't care what you think, I think your pain is probably worse than mine!

    You tell a story really well, by the way.

    ReplyDelete