Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Toxic Relationship: Volume 2

This bruised rib hindered my goal of working out (especially swimming) on the days I didn't have class. But that was okay, because the bruised rib was to heal in roughly 3 weeks if I didn't exert myself. So I didn't. I laid around, didn't run, and didn't play intramural sports. After 3 weeks, the pain was much less, but still there. So I still did nothing.

By dead week I had successfully not worked out in a very long time. Since it had been a couple months, I decided to spend a study break doing crunches. Nothing bad, just 25. No pain- I was happy. I thought the rib had finally healed. Then the next week, I studied at my desk for finals for HOURS. All of a sudden, the pain was back. Go figure that crunches didn't hurt my rib, but studying did. (I decided it wasn't the crunches that caused it because it had been over a week after that my ribs started hurting again, but it probably contributed. I needed to convince myself I could still exercise.)

I got through finals week with the pain, cursing my ribs more than finals. And trust me, finals are very curse-worthy. The pain subsided once again during my laziness over Christmas Break. I even went Zip-lining in Costa Rica---no pain! I was a happy camper and so glad to be myself again.

Oh, but how wrong I was...

No comments:

Post a Comment