Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Toxic Relationship: Volume 1

So, as a couple of you know, I have been in a really bad/toxic relationship for a while. I thought I would spend today telling the rest of you about it. It is something I have been struggling with for quite a while. Hopefully writing all about it here will help give me more strength to get through.

I will start from the beginning:

In early October, I had the unfortunate 3-week-long-cough-that-won't-go-away-n0-matter-what. It lasted a little bit longer than 3 weeks, but the intensity was much less after that. My poor roommate had to hear me hack up a long approximately every 2 minutes, ending with me running away to the bathroom at least once every 30 minutes. Sleep was horrible, and by the end of the 3 weeks my morale was low. Coughing even just made me cry sometimes. One time when I was visiting boyfriend I actually did start crying. It was ridiculous.

At the end of the third week, I developed muscle pains- first on my lower right ribs, then lower left, and it continued making a full circle ending with my lower right (back) ribs. About the time this pain went away, I noticed another pain- this time in my upper ribs. I thought this was the same muscle pain- but I was wrong. After a couple days the pain was worse and it hurt to bend my upper body, cough, or sneeze. After careful web-diagnosis and confirmation with my dad(he is a doctor), I had a bruised rib.

1 comment:

  1. you need to finish this story so that people will know what's "toxic" about it!

    ReplyDelete