Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The day I discovered Endorphins

Today has been a GREAT day! Actually, it has been a pretty great week overall. Last week was the first week of school, but I had two papers due for my Costa Rica class. But now I am free! Classes are going pretty well, but I have only had 3 days of classes. I don't have Monday or Friday classes, and for some reason we had a snow day last Thursday. Oh well!

Today I had my lab for Dynamic Earth, which meant I drew arrows on a map and did some math. After, Michelle and I worked out- and it was great! Everybody always talks about how exercising releases Endorphins and you will be happier. I have NEVER experienced them before though, guessing I was just too out of shape. But today I didn't work myself too hard, but just kept a steady pace. It was really nice, and though I had a few moments of struggle I made it through with a smile on my face! Now, I only got a couple hours sleep last night (for reasons I wish I knew) but I was so happy/hyper tonight. After dinner Michelle and I went to Target and on our way back I was crashing. But we are motivated to go work out pretty much every day, because while we were at Target we tried on bathing suits. We probably should have just avoided them at all cost- but it made us decide for sure that we were hitting the Huff tomorrow(Huff = Huston Huffman Center/aka the Gym).

In other news, I got selected as an Alternate for an internship with the US Dept. of State. This is super cool, as 12,000 people applied for 1,000 positions. However, this doesn't give me any clear mind of what I will be doing this summer, which I don't like. They could call me up 4 days before and tell me that the spot opened up. This is something I REALLY want- and it would be the opportunity of a lifetime! So for now I am just praying that the people chosen get better offers of things to do for this summer- and that they are willing to turn down the DoS. So, despite the super cool-ness, I am having a little trouble getting excited about it. I am trying though, and I am sure the Endorphins are helping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment