Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 2

Waking up today was a little bit more rough. I attempted to sleep to my alarm, but the construction workers across the street decided that I was not allowed. Breakfast today included Pancakes though, which brightened my spirits! The first part of class was great- discussion time which included a "recess" where we played circle-volleyball for thirty minutes. It was a lot of fun and was the perfect race. Recess is a great idea!
After lunch we had a speaker come in that works on environmental management/research in Costa Rica. He was Australian, and with the echo in the room it was difficult to hear(I was sitting at the back). He talked a LOT about carbons, haha. After that we stayed late so that we won't have class on Saturday, and began a movie called "Stand and Deliver."
Next, we had dance class! :) We learned Merengue and Salsa. I know some Salsa already from ballroom, and I got a thumbs up from the teacher, haha. I think I want to take just a Salsa class, because it is definitely my favorite. For dinner we all went to a place called "Old West" that the hotel suggested to us. It took a while to get our food, but we all had a lot of fun and the food was amazing. One of the waitresses would take our names for our order, and then giggle. She was a lot of fun. The other waitress failed and was mean- but the other made up for it. Then we all came back and began reading for Friday's class. Tomorrow- Volcano!!!!!

1 comment: