Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

If I die young, bury me in satin..




I love this song. It came on my pandora this morning and it got me thinking..

There is a line that says, "A penny for my thoughts, oh no I'll sell them for a dollar. They're worth so much more after I'm a goner. And maybe then you'll hear the words that I been singin', Funny how when your dead people start listenin'"

Tis is such a true statement.. Why do we as a society do this? People have always been considered more valuable after they are gone. From Picasso now to the children who commit suicide in middle school. It is a sad thing. I think part of blogging helps solve this problem. People in this community DO listen to each other. They share what some think with others. It is a community where people can continuously learn, grow, and be heard. I love reading blogs and seeing how much other bloggers appreciate one another.

I appreciate all of you for being a part of this great blogging world. I hope that we all take what we learn from blogging and apply it to our own relationships. I hope we all try to encourage someone every day, even if you don't know the person. It brightens my day to see a new comment on my blog. Imagine what life would be like if we spread these "comments" to our non-internet lives!

Let's pay it forward.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear Katy. I love this song as well.

    thanks for your little commentary! Love you!

    ReplyDelete