Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Awesome and Awkward Thursday...Errr Monday

So, this was going to be posted on Friday evening, but around 2 pm I received a text message that said, "Hey, do you want to go to Atlantic City tonight?" So- I went! We rented a car and drove to Atlantic City for the night. Then we went to Seaside Heights AKA Jersey Shore on Saturday. We realized our time with the rental car was 23 hours longer than we thought, so we decided to stay an extra night and go to Philadelphia. So, I might fail. But it was worth it!!

Awkward:
-My internship program went to another internship program's reception. They have 12 people, ours has 55. It was a room with about 10 chairs lined against the walls of the room. Lots of open space with a podium in the front. It was also dinner time, yet we only had finger foods to eat. None of us knew the people there, and it was really strange.
-John McCain was at said reception. I met him to take a picture with him. I didn't have a name tag on, and he had no idea what to say. He said, "Hi" and I said, "Hi." Then we took the picture and the person next in line took my place. They had their name tag on, and John was able to get back on track with his routine.
-Being one of a gajillion people crammed into Chinatown station when a subway car's brakes stopped working, backing up over 7 trains.
-Making a make-shift costume for HP because my real one is at home. I was Bellatrix Lestrange, wearing a mini skirt and a lacy top. I looked like I was going out, except for the fact I had some CRAZY hair.
-Trying to go into the wrong movie theater, which only plays indie films. I even tried using their ticket-printer. I was about to freak out when my confirmation # wasn't working, but finally we figured out that we didn't even look at the theater name before entering.
-Running in a spandex mini skirt. The other one was down a block, around a corner and down the block again. This led to running from the first movie theater to the correct one, in said costume. Dedication? Yes.
-Getting locked out of my room while I was in the shower.. for the second time. This involves me walking down three flights of stairs with a towel on and not the proper undergarments, walking to the front desk, checking out a key, then walking back upstairs.
-Wearing dresses to work and realizing that you don't have anywear to put your badge (I have the kind with the money-clip-esque attachment, so I can't just clip it anywear). I should have chosen the lanyard...
-New mattresses that are slippery and loud when you move on them. I wake up with my sheets coming off most days, but now they are literally off the bed when that alarm goes off.

AWESOME:
-Harry Potter 3D Glasses
-Seeing Harry Potter 7.2 at midnight.
-Completely dominating 3 70ish OZ. slushies (literally they were about 70 ounces)with my friend becuase they had free refills. Free refills on ICEE is completely unheard of in my mind! We were definitely sugared-up for HP.
-Eating at an italian restaurant described as "the nicest McDonalds in the world."
-Being a hoss at work and completing my tasks very quickly. I am now called, "The Energizer Bunny," and my boss keeps running out of things for me to do. Look at me go!
-My impromtu Bellatrix Lestrange outfit. While it was awkward looking like I was going out, I thought I looked pretty darn attractive. :) And my crazy hair was LEGIT. I don't do hair, so this was quite the accomplishment.
-Finally finishing the second Lord of the Rings. I have tried many times since it came out, and I own all three on DVD. I am really good at falling asleep in movies and have never made it through all 179 minutes. Meaning I also haven't seen the 3rd, because I wanted to finish the 2nd. Last weekend, we watched half of it and I was way way too tired to finish the last hour. Two nights later? Watched the last hour and finished the movie. It only took about 9 years. :)






:)

2 comments:

  1. what did you think about 3d harry potter? i almost watched it that way too, but then went for the regular ol' 2d instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how many of these involve dressing up/things that happened when you were dressed up as bellatrix lestrange. would it have made it more awkward or more awesome if you had also been dressed like that when you met john mccain?

    ReplyDelete