Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

I hope that these Awkward/Awesome Thursday posts are enjoyable for you! I love writing them and think it is an efficient way of keeping you all updated on my life while I am so super busy. One more week left in D.C.! I can't believe it is almost over!

Awkward:
-Having one hour to get ready for an impromtu road trip to Jersey.
-Wanting to buy the most ridiculous item I could fine on the Shore-- ended up finding some sweat pants that had Hot Pink guns with Jersey's state outline on the gun. The guns were positioned on the side/back of the upper thighs. Then there were words across the top of the butt that said, "Jersey Royalty." I also could have gotten them bedazzled.
-Getting the salesman's hopes up when I decided to not go with the bedazzled ridiculous pants.
-Following Pauly and Vinny from Jersey Shore to get a picture of them for my friends. I had never even seen an episode of the show.
-Friends trying to talk to you while holding your breath through a tunnel.
-Trying to find a place to stay in Atlantic City at 1 a.m.
-Seeing very questionable things, including an armed robbery, because we turned the wrong direction when we got to the island of Atlantic City.
-Closet at the Econolodge we ended up staying at: a row of hooks nailed to the wall and a suitcase holder-- there wasn't any sort of door/closet.
-Waking up to, "Guys, we have to check out in 20 minutes."
-McDonalds that doesn't let you order off the dollar menu after 10 o'clock at night, and also charges for refills. What is that??
-My reaction to being inside of a Target again. I wanted to buy EVERYTHING and for no good reason other than that I am apparently going through Target withdrawls.
-Eating three meals in a row at Mickey Ds.
-Waking up on the beach at 6 pm to loud speakers and whistles telling us the beach was closed. We packed up. 3 hours later, people are still on the beach. Apparently "beach closed" simply means the lifeguards are leaving and it is up to you to stay alive.
-Trying to write a paper while being too tired, and crying every time you try to type a sentence.
-Getting text messages and not being able to see what they say because my screen stopped working on my phone.

AWESOME:
-Going on an Impromtu road trip with no exact plans with some awesome people.
-Not doing homework all weekend because of this trip.
-Taking a day off of work to recouperate my exhausted body.
-Seeing famous people (Vinny and Pauly) that were 5 feet away from me.
-Buying a shirt that says "Sorry for Partying" in replacement of the ridiculous sweatpants.
-Chocolate Lava Fudge cupcake from DC Cupcakes (aka Georgetown Cupcakes). Best experience my tastebuds have ever had.
-Finding a way to cope with the class I really don't like: confronting the teacher when he needs to be, as well as just going along with his games. It makes my life much more entertaining.
-Napping on the beach.
-Writing 11 full pages for a 10 page paper.
-Having the ability to nap in a car with 3 other girls singing loudly and dancing around while blaring music. Okay, well maybe my exhaustion enabled me to do that.
-Riding around DC in a car instead of below ground-- actually getting to see what these places look like!
-ATT giving me great customer service after trying for about 3 hours. It was definitely worth it! New phone for Katy!

1 comment:

  1. New Jersey sounds terrifying, amazing, and confusing all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete