Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekend Update

So, my family has a habit of coming in town when I am in town and don't have a lot of time. Like this weekend, for instance. I leave for D.C. Wednesday morning, and have a ton of work to do until then.

However, I love my three nieces and they are a lot of fun. One of my sisters and brother-in-law brought them in town to surprise my Pops for his birthday. They went up to his office, and I know he really enjoyed it! We had his birthday dinner that night, and I hung out with the girls in the hot tub till it was bed time. I hung around for a while and headed to the fine establishment of Whataburger with two friends when they got off work.

Saturday, I went out to the lake for a little bit to visit some friends camping. In Tulsa, it was completely overcast, but when I got to the lake it was hot and sunny. And I mean HOT. I haven't felt the sun in 90 degree weather in about two years, so it was a little bit difficult for me. I have also realized that I am more of a wimp about getting into cold water. I have always been a fish, and cold water hasn't really mattered to me. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME?? I will have to fix this! After the lake, I came back and waited for dinner. I ended up napping till 9:30, when we finally started dinner. Silly family. I love them though! I attempted hanging out with Kara afterward. This meant teaching old people the Cupid Shuffle and being the only two people knowing how to do Boot Scootin' Boogie. It was fun, but we were so tired!

Today- I really should keep packing. I would really not like to, but I am for real running out of time! At least now I have a plethora of business casual clothes. I went on a shopping spree (sort of) at New York and Company on Friday. I spent a lot, but I save around 300 dollars!! I love that place.

It is now time for me to finally crawl out of bed and go eat breakfast. I have procrastinated long enough!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi I love you. I love you so much, I gave you a blog award :)

    ReplyDelete