Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Picking a Direction

So, I know I am not the best blogger, but recently I feel like I have been even worse. Lately, I just haven't really known what to write. When I was 14 and started blogging, it was just random hyper trails of thoughts, that looking back upon don't make the most sense (but I love them!). Lately, I basically just give details on what is going on in my life. I really enjoy to re-tell stories that have happened to me in the past-- this is probably my favorite, and surely the most enjoyable to read.

When I moved over to blogspot, I did it just for friends and family to read about my life adventures (beginning the blog with my study abroad visit to China). Over time, sparked by my roommate's blogging, I have picked up many blogs that I read- people that I have never met. I have grown to look forward to hearing more from them and learning more about their lives. I have seen a community in this blogosphere that I haven't really been a part of before.

It seems that people dedicate so much time to their blogs, never to disappoint their readers. I want to be a part of this world, but I am not quite sure that I am at a point in my life that it can really mean something. Well, this is what I have been thinking the past month or so.

I decided today though, that this does not have to be true. If I don't make it true. My blog can mean a lot to my friends, but can still mean something to others. I take a lot in from the blogs I read, but most of them are from women late in their twenties or early thirties. They are married, happy, and know what they are doing with their lives. I, however, am at a crossroads. I am still in college, with one year left. I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I can't write about the same things, and that is okay!

I am going to start focusing on how my life is at this crossroads and I am completely undecided about life. I hope that as I continue to tell the tales of my life, I will be able to relate them not just to the person I am, but to the person I wish to become. I hope that those who read my blog will be able to take away lessons from another perspective of life- one that we have all been through, but have been separated from for just a little while. Hopefully I will be able to learn from you all as well, as I have already been for almost a year now.

I hope that this direction will leave me blogging more frequently, and help you all get a better picture of who I am as a person. I like to think that I am pretty great! So, to sum, here I am with a new direction/focus for my blog: "A Journey through a Crossroads."

:)

1 comment: