Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Let's Play Pretend!

Who doesn't just love to do it?

Every dead week, our sorority has mandatory study hall called "Campusing." Each member does 4 hours sometime during the monday-thursday nights that week. I always choose to get my hours done immediately, meaning Monday. If I don't, those lingering hours eat away at my life the rest of the week, because other fun things ALWAYS come up that I would rather do. So, that is what I did Monday night. Sat in our dining room next to one of my best friends, Michelle, and attempted studying.

I say attempted, because it is pretty much impossible for me to ever do productive studying in campusing. I can't focus because there are so many people in one room and I just want to people watch and wonder what they are doing. I did pretty well though, for the first 3 hours. I kept to myself, and attempted answering questions for roommate's Tell the World Tuesday. Hour 4 struck. And the capsule inside of me that holds all of my craziness back from the world exploded. Michelle and I began skype chatting with roommate, who was proctoring study hall. Michelle is studying speech pathology, and I decide to start typing as if I have a speech impediment (sbeeech imperirmens). Now, I actually did have a speech impediment when I was little, so no disrespect to anyone with one!

Typing with a speech impediment turned into also have a Chinese/Swedish accent. I was absolutely ridiculous. We all started typing in all caps at one point, and were having a lot of trouble holding in our laughter.

It was great, though. I remember playing pretend when I was little. I was so unafraid of going outside of the box and trying something completely different than what I was. I miss those days! I love the creativity of children, and it is one of the reasons I am excited for the years (much far away from today!) that I will raise children. Children are so much happier because they let their mind explore. It is fun to pretend and use that creativity. It keeps happiness alive!

What are some ways that you use your creativity?

And I leave you with one of my new favorite commercials. Wal-mart has a new series of them out, but I could only find one on youtube. My favorite is the spatula one! Here is the one I could find:


:)

2 comments:

  1. I WAS TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I LOVE YELLING!

    And that commercial is funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me miss my college friends. those were the days...

    ReplyDelete