Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

A Very Un-Productive Monday

You know those nights that you go to sleep with the next day all planned out and you will be amazingly productive and feel like you will rule the world? Well, that night was Sunday for me. I have 4 midterms in 48 hours starting Wednesday at 11:30. Monday was to be dedicated to Exam number 4- Business Finance at 8 am Friday. My sleep Sunday night was wonderful, and my body was happy to rest from the post-10k soreness.

All of a sudden it was Friday of Spring Break. I was packing and relaxing with the few girls left at the Sorority house. I loved getting to hang out with girls I don't normally hang out with, and was loving planning what I would wear on the beach all the following week. My muscles were feeling really tight, so I stretched, realizing that my muscles were feeling about as flexible as a cinder block. I opened my eyes, and immediately realized I had been dreaming- and felt the most disappointment I have felt in a while. Sure, I have had some disappointing things happen lately- but this was different. I truly thought I was done with this hell week, and had only the beach and gas prices to worry about. Instead- I was to study for pretty much every minute of the next week, and I was furious.

I woke up and spent a couple hours catching up on blog-world which I have neglected in my busyness the past couple weeks. I spent another couple watching youtube videos. I kept telling myself: stop at 10:30 and start studying. And then it would be 11:30. And then it was lunch time. And then my friends got back from class. And then I had a group project. And then we had Formal Meal. And then I had to get gas and go to the bank. And then I craved sugar and Mallori and I went to Borders and then Sonic. And then people came to talk to me about boys and Chris Brown's beautiful dancing. And then it was bedtime.

So, you can see I truly had a great day in the studying world. Cough, cough. I kept trying to study, but just couldn't do it. I think the combination of my disappointment and that I was studying for the test I have the least pressure for was just not a recipe for success. Hopefully I can time-manage well for the rest of the week and get that studying done. I doubt I will sleep on Thursday night, but hey- that is what 22+ hour car rides are for!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment