Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Everyone has their weaknesses...

Although I love winter weather, I am really not liking this (hopefully) last cold front that has swept Oklahoma. This always tends to happen when I do things like stimulate the economy. I was really looking forward to wearing my cute new spring clothes, but I am being forced to practice my patience. Normally overcast days are some of my happiest days, but not today.

This is mainly because I am being reminded of one of my biggest weaknesses: I beat myself up. No, I don't literally punch myself in the face, though I kind of feel like I should. But I like my face, so I won't. Today are the interviews for my major's scholarships. I am not really sure when the applications for it were- but I am pretty sure that they were part of my college's scholarship application. We had pretty much the last half of Fall semester to apply for them- due a week or two after finals. So, of course I was going to wait till then to fill it out. I wasn't even trying to procrastinate. I just figured I would have a better, clearer mind to fill out the application and make myself sound awesome.

During break, I work at the movie theater at home I have worked at for almost 5 years (yikes). At work one day, I made a to-do list: Laundry, Buy soap, Scholarship Application. The next day I got to work. I bought soap, and started my laundry. I was done, and I was happy. Oh, but wait-- isn't that missing something? Yep. I realized two days later when I found my list. The application was due midnight the night before. It is all online, and the application had closed. I was upset, but oh well- I will have other opportunities.

Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that I was wrong, and that was my opportunity. For the past few days, I keep hearing just how much the MIS dept is able to give away this year (a ton). Everyone in class has their suits on and are coming in late/leaving early, while I am sitting here in my t-shirt and just enough make up on to look like I am not a zombie. I say this humbly, but I am a shoe-in for these scholarships. They are pretty much the one non-need based scholarship I could ever apply for. Entirely merit. And here I am- a girl with a ton of merits.

A ton of merits and a bad case of Attention Deficit Disorder.

1 comment:

  1. Katy, don't beat yourself up over this. Have you checked with the MIS dept office (i.e. real people) to see if they can open up any applications or have any other avenues or ideas for you to try? xo, Francie

    ReplyDelete