Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

My name is Katy, and I miss my car

For those of you who don't know, I have a car named Ellen. I prefer to speak of her as a real human. Right before Labor Day, my poor Ellen had a heart attack. The doctor said the only fix was to receive a heart transplant, aka get a new engine. 7.5 weeks later, I am still without her. The first engine was rejected, and so we have had to wait for another. There have been many times that we thought she could come home, but alas, there has always been another complication.

All I can do is wait. Luckily, I can walk to work. However, things like going to the grocery store get a little more tricky. I have an amazing group of family and friends who have assisted be in these rough times, and I am very grateful for them!

I never imagined a car being in the shop for 2 months. Someday, hopefully soon, Ellen and I will be reunited. Until then, I will be wearing my walkin' shoes (or boots- because they are made for walking, too).

Ellen looks something like this

No comments:

Post a Comment