Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Because I can't focus at work..

So, although I love my internship, I just cannot focus today. I would like to blame my a.d.d., but I am going to instead blame it on the fact that it is Friday. I have never been the type to really celebrate Fridays. I like them and all, but I know that weekends are short-lived and I don't want to get my hopes up.

But today- I could scream how happy I am that it is Friday. And it should be a really fun weekend. This week has been our Sorority's Senior Week, and so we spend time making fun of each other in skit form and saying our loving goodbyes. I am really sad to see this year's Seniors go, especially roommate/big, as I have known them the best. We will be topping this week off with our Senior Date Party, in which the theme is, "The best things were made in the 80s." Boyfriend and I will be showing everyone our nerdy selves by dressing up in Tron* attire.

Also this weekend is my major's club's annual softball game. It is Alumns/Teachers vs Students. I love softball and played it my whole life, and was sad I couldn't play in it for intramurals this year. Needless to say- I am very excited for this!! Last year the Teachers won, and my old programming teachers keeps emailing us to say he is bringing us tissues for when we weep. I think hope we can give them a run for their money!

Last thing: I officially have an internship in Washington D.C. this summer! I am sad that I will (once again) be missing my birthday with my friends, especially since it will be the big 2-1! I am also sad that I will not get to spend the summer in Tulsa, because I love Tulsa summers: camping, concerts, Drillers Baseball games, swimming, going to the lake, tanning, floating the river, etc. I do know that I will still have an amazing summer though, and really look forward to living in such a great city for two months!

Okay. Back to work. Womp womp.

:)

*I didn't like Tron until I saw the new one. My brother used to make me watch the old one all the time, thus- I hated it. However, give me a movie that involves worlds inside of computers, add in a little action, and BAM! I am sure to love it. I plan on re-watching the original Tron movie, hopefully to find that I don't actually hate it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment