Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I have been a fail blogger

So, a couple weeks ago I had another round of tests. If you haven't picked up on this already, my tests are ALWAYS grouped together. And now I am very lucky, because since all of them are grouped together, I have no more until finals. This makes Katy very happy! Though, that probably means I need to start studying for them.

Generally when I have breaks in tests, I catch up on my blogging. But last week I just wasn't feeling it for some reason. Probably because I felt like I didn't have anything worthwhile to talk about.

But- I do have something. I have started an internship with our campus IT department, and I LOVE it. If you didn't already know, I am a huge nerd and love computers. My major is Management Information Systems-- aka. Computers for the Business World as I like to call it. I study programming, systems, databases- all that fun stuff. Sure, to many most people this sounds awful. However, I am excited about it. My internship so far is all about the stuff I have been learning in class. Now I am working on creating a system for my Sorority to track our study hall hours (which is currently pen and paper for approximately 150 girls--for each week of the semester). I would just like to say, I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT THIS. This just goes to show my love for technology. Last week, I visited with some computer science majors for a couple hours, and I was jealous of their knowledge. I wish I could get a masters in computer science, but that requires taking an undergrad computer science program. Sad day.

So, my life is at least 50% computers now- 25% friends/extracurricular activities, 25% sleep. And I love it.

:)

1 comment: