Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Class and Korean food

Monday, May 31, 2010

We woke up early so that we could get our meal cards and eat breakfast. We were supposed to do a ton of other things, but ended up just having free time. Then we got ID pictures taken, and had free time again. We went to lunch at a restaurant down the road. Rachel, Jeremy, and Michael went. We attempted ordering, but were having a lot of trouble until the woman found a menu with English translations. The food was amazing, and I had the best rice so far since I have been here, and the best tasting broccoli I have ever had. We then went to watch a movie about Yunan Geography and Culture. In the movie, they said that Yunan was the treasure house of medical herbs and wild animal genes. It was wonderful. After that, we had free time again, and continued with the Uno. We are now incorporating Chinese words into the game. For dinner we went past the afternoon’s restaurant to what ended up being a Korean restaurant. They had stove things built into the tables. We had our own little room (it was Kacee, Kayla, Rachel, Michael, and Jeremy). The waitress cooked in front of us on what looked like a lid. The food was really good, even though we didn’t really know what we were ordering.

I got sick today, I think because of my lactose-intolerance. I had some hostess-esque cake things that I didn’t think about, and so my stomach has been bothering me. Rachel and I were both reading Nicholas Sparks books, and got to the sad parts at the same time. We stayed up till midnight reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment