Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weekend Numero Dos in DC

This weekend was a lot of fun, but kept me very busy! Friday I met up with some of the girls at Metro Center to do some shopping at Forever 21. Now, I know that I am from Oklahoma, but this was the biggest Forever 21 I have ever seen in my life. Too big. We walked in and I thought, "wow-- this is too much to handle." Then I found out that there were two other floors. I didn't know what to do. By default and because it didn't look overwhelming, I started at the jewelery. Unfortunately, that section is just the same size as at any store. After that section, I was forced to face the horror. Forever 21, if you don't shop there, doesn't know how to organize their clothes. They attempt having "themes" in certain areas, but really-- it is all over the place. In a normal sized store, you have to be in the right mindset to shop there. If you aren't ready for it, you won't find anything because you won't know where to start. You can have to frames of mind: 1- "I know exactly what I am looking for." Or 2- "I don't care how much I have to try on, I just want really cute clothes to make me feel like I am cute and trendy and make myself seem like an awesome person."

Well, I didn't have either of these mindsets. I wandered around aimlessly. Up the Escalator. Down the Escalator. Around the corner. Under the iron beam (really). Did you know that Forever 21 makes children's clothing? Did you know they make maternity clothing? Yeah, I didn't either. And of course, in F-21 style, there are no signs to tell you this. You just walk into a doorway and BAM. Clothing for toddlers that belongs on the front of InStyle Magazine. It was crazy. I tried on the least amount I have ever tried on at a F-21. That is just how overwhelmed I was.
When we got back, I was in a really wierd mood. My mind was in shock. Denise (one of my roommates) and I went to get dinner, and I wanted to choose the place with the least options possible. I felt bad because she had recommended Whole Foods. I just couldn't handle that many options. Forever 21 had ruined options in my brain. We went to this italian restaurant down the road, and I had Spaghetti and Meatballs. It was really tasty and comforting. Later that night, over half of us (there are 55 total) went out. It was a lot of fun to dance around and have fun with my new friends. I followed the night by a beautiful round of sleeping in on Saturday morning.

After I woke up Saturday, 3 of the guys and I went to the National Museum of Natural History. We weren't really into the museum thing, and were pretty silent the whole time. It was neat stuff, but we were all worn out from the whole week. After that we hung out in Adam's Morgan a bit, and then headed home. We ended up losing one of the guys when we all stopped for a bathroom break at McDonalds. We thought he died; he thought we left him. It all ended up fine though! While walking back to the dorms, I was plotting getting food, when we ran into two girls who were doing just that. I joined them and we went to "Steak n' Egg." It was a really small breakfast diner. The kind that only have room to sit at the bar, where you can watch them cook. It was so delicious, and I really would not mind eating there every single day. No lie. But, then again, I love breakfast. Apparently they also have really good philly cheese steaks, which I will definitely be trying! When we returned to the dorms, I joined yet another group to go see the movie "Super 8." It was pretty good, but not life-changing like I expected. Then it was bed time fo' real.

Sunday I woke up late once again, and was loving it. I found out really sad news about a family friend's murder in Tulsa last week. We used to spend a lot of time with their family, because their son's were the same age as Blake and I. I remember baseball games and randomly visiting their house, and all around really good memories of them growing up. It is a sad loss, and another reminder that we are not guaranteed every day. To lift up my spirits, I joined 3 of the guys (I guess I was all about hanging out with the guys this weekend) on a journey to a Taco Bell. It was truly a journey- about 20 minutes on the metro. It was worth it though. It was in Union Station, which had more places to eat than any mall ever (reminiscent of my F-21 visit two days prior). I knew what I wanted though, and the Taco Bell was just what my tastebuds missed. :)
The rest of the day was spent relaxing and at an emotionally draining group meeting about self-awareness. Lots of self-reflection. We were drained. I went to get pad thai to-go, ate it in our room, and pretty much laid in bed the rest of the night. It felt lovely.

:)

2 comments:

  1. I'm tired just reading about your adventures! what a fun opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (He posted the picture too. :( Damn co workers...I need to think of some way to get back at him.)

    ReplyDelete