Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

June Bug

June was a whirlwind of 80 degree weather, sun, rain, birthdays, and travel.

I kicked off the month in Cancun with my roommate's family. It was my first time in Mexico, and it was an absolute blast! Unfortunately there was little sun; it was pouring rain most of the time we were there. The resort was really great though, and one of our rainy days turned into a spa/massage day. I can't be upset about that!!

As soon as we got back, it was time to celebrate my 23rd birthday. Co-workers spoiled me with ample amounts of sugar, Italian food, and love. That night I enjoyed a family dinner where we ordered in steaks and had a relaxing night. My presents were:
        -an ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer from my parents
        -the most beautiful bouquet of flowers I've ever seen from Jared

That weekend I enjoyed time celebrating with my friends, including a Drillers game, Skee-ball at The Max, and some two-stepping at Caravan. I even got to swim a little with Kara and her sweet daughter, but it wasn't quite warm enough to swim for long.

The following weekend brought on my favorite activity of the summer: Floating the Illinois River! Now, if you aren't from the Tulsa area, you might not know about this river. The portion we float is about 1 hour away in Tahlequah, OK. It isn't a white-water-rapid adventure, but a relaxing/fun float for either 6 or 12 miles. We were going to camp out that night, but it started pouring rain as soon as we were finished with our float. What did that mean? A stop through the McDonalds drive-thru and a drive home. I was sad to not be camping, but very happy to have slept in my warm, dry bed!

The rest of the month involved lots of swimming, meetings, and celebrating birthdays (my brother Clark and Abbey).


June will always be one of my favorite months! June brings the beginning of a great summer: time with friends, swimming, and longer days. It is still strange not having a 3 month break in the summer, but I think I am getting used to it!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment